The organisation is to be called the Forest of Dean Camera Club
hereafter referred to as `The Club`.
The club is affilliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain (PAGB) through the Midland Counties Photographic Federation (MCPF).
The objectives of The Club are:
- To promote and improve the photographic aspirations of The Club.
- To promote the photographic advancement of its members.
- To promote the art of photography to the general public.
- To maintain the assets of The Club.
3. Alterations to this Constitution
Alterations to matters of the constitution can only be made at an Annual General Meeting (AGM) or and Extra General Meeting (EGM) following the notice procedure described.
4. Committee Officials & Ordinary Members
Club Officials will be as follows:
- President (Non Committee Post)
- The president is entitled to attend any club or committee meeting.
- They should pursue The Clubs interest whenever possible.
- The president will give an address to the AGM and conduct business up until the election of The Chair when the Chair will be handed over to the newly elected Chair.
- After election they shall conduct the AGM, committee meetings and co-ordinate all matters arising.
- The Chair shall give an annual address to the AGM.
- The Chair is responsible for hosting club evenings and attending to the guest speakers wellbeing.
- The Chair should liaise with other officers and members of the committee to ensure meetings run smoothly.
- The Chair is to promote The Clubs interest at every opportunity.
- They can be a signatory in addition to the Treasurer.
- Vice Chair
- The Vice Chair is to assist The Chair and carry out The Chair`s duties in their absence.
- The Treasurer shall collect all monies and subscriptions due to The Club, pay all accounts and at the close of the financial year produce a balance sheet which shall be audited.
- They shall advise the committee on all financial matters presenting the annual accounts to the AGM.
- They shall sign all cheques together with either The Chair or one other agreed signatory.
- The Treasurer is also responsible for keeping a record of all member`s names and addresses.
- General Secretary
- The general secretary shall prepare agendas, take minutes of committee meetings, conduct correspondence of The Club, and ensure the committee and members are informed as necessary.
- Programme Secretary
- The Programme Secretary shall contact speakers and judges to arrange a balanced programme covering a wide range of photographic interests keeping the Treasurer informed of costs.
- They will complete and publish an outline programme one month prior to the start of the season.
- They will notify and thank speakers and judges, giving directions etc..
- They will arrange alternatives, should a speaker/judge be unable to attend.
- Competition Secretary
- The Competition Secretary shall collect and collate all digital and print entries and arrange delivery of entries to the judge.
- They will keep records of the competition results to enable the awards to be made in accordance with the agreed competition rules.
- They will arrange for club trophies to be engraved at the end of each season.
- They will collect and collate inter club competition entries and arrange delivery of the entries to the judge.
- PR Secretary
- They will be responsible for the promotion and communication of The Club through social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- They will take every opportunity to publish and promote The Club's activities.
- They will collect and collate entries for any exhibitions The Club agrees to promote, arrange mounting of the exhibition and enlist whatever help is required.
- They will encourage members to enter external photographic exhibitions.
- Technical Support
- They will set up the equipment in good time before each meeting, and operate it during the meeting
- They will be responsible for all equipment is in good working order.
- They will also be responsible ensuring someone is available to deputise in their absence.
- Web Master
- The web master is responsible for running and maintenance of The club`s website.
- They will keep the information on The Club`s website correct and up to date.
- They will be allowed access to any images provided by members of The Club to upload to the website to promote the work of The Club`s members.
- The auditor will be a competent person who shall be appointed to check and accept the annual accounts as being accurate.
- This is a non-committee post.
- Ordinary Committee Members / Stewards
- Three committee members shall be elected annually (and not assigned a specific role).
- Should any committee member resign, the post will be filled at the next committee meeting following a request to members for nominations for the role.
- They will be any person who is willing to persue The Clubs interest
Membership to The Club is gained by paying the agreed subscription. Only paid up members are eligible to enter into the club competitions.
Members are expected to abide by the constitution and rules of The Club.
Members under the age of 18 must be accompanied by, and remain under the supervision of, a responsible adult/guardian.
Members are expected to abide by the constitution and rules of The Club
Honorary Life Membership can be granted to anyone who has given outstanding long service to The Club. They would enjoy the same privileges as a full member without paying a membership fee. Honorary Life Membership can only be proposed and granted at an A.G.M. following prior agreement by the committee.
A member failing to conduct themselves in The Club's interest can be directed to leave the meeting by the Chair. Should this conduct continue the committee is empowered, after due deliberation, to cancel membership.
A membership subscription shall be proposed and approved annually at the general meeting by a majority vote of the members. Full members should pay their subscription on or before the first meeting they attend of each new season.
7. Conduct During Committee Meetings
Only one person to speak at a time.
All matters should be addressed to the meeting through The Chair.
An officer, committee member or ordinary member failing to conduct themselves in a manner conducive to The Club's interest can be directed to leave the meeting by The Chair. Should this conduct continue, the committee is empowered to remove that person from office after due deliberation.
8. Annual General Meeting (AGM)
This meeting shall be held annually where the the following business will be transacted:
- Reports will be given from the President, Chair and Treasurer.
- Audited accounts for the previous year will be presented and accepted.
- Subscription charges for the forthcoming year will be proposed and accepted.
- Officers and committee members will be elected and appointed for the forthcoming year.
- Special business topics will be discussed providing that they had been formally requested of The Secretary and shared by the Secretary with Club members not less than 14 days prior to the meeting.
- An open forum will be held to recieve suggestions, questions & other matters of The Club's interest. Any of these matters requiring further attention will be dealt with by the committee at the next meeting.
9. Ordinary Committee Meetings
These are to be held as necessary, to conduct relevant business. They shall be attended by the elected officers & committee and open to other members.
10. Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM)
These meetings shall be called at the request of five or more members to conduct special urgent business:
- Notice of meetings shall be clearly shared with Club members at least twenty one days in advance, giving the date and time of meeting, venue, and nature of the business to be discussed.
- Minutes to be kept and attached to the next AGM.
- Following a period of 3 years during which there is no club activity the remaining committee members are empowered to dispose of the clubs assets as seen fit.
11. Voting Procedure
At AGM`s and EGM`s only members and honorary life members are eligible to vote.
At Committee meetings only current committee members are eligible to vote.
Decisions will be made by a simple majority vote.
The Chair shall be entitled to vote in the first instance and have a casting vote.
The Chair`s ruling on matters of procedure is final.
No decisions of major financial or other important matters shall be made at any meeting unless a quorum of five is present.
13. Sub Committees
The committee can enlist the help of any member to form a sub-committee as and when necessary.